Good health is vital in a young person’s overall development. It allows youth to focus on learning and building confidence in their lives. That’s why Covenant House Alaska offers a variety of free health services.
Upon admission, all youth complete a health history form and receive a basic check-up from our staff nurse practitioner. A comprehensive medical care plan is then developed and integrated into the youth’s case plan, ensuring their health is a priority during their stay.
Services available to youth include:
- Evaluation and treatment of minor illnesses and injuries
- Physicals for work, school and special programs
- PPDs (tuberculosis skin tests)
- Assistance with applying for Medicaid or Denali Kid Care
- Referrals for community health services
Access to Mental Health Clinicians
Clinic hours are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information, contact Covenant House Alaska's nurse practitioner at 907- 339-4249.
More Health Resources
Visit our resources page for links to more information on health programs and services for youth.